Monday, April 1, 2013

Attending the Lakme Fashion Week - Summer Resort 2013


The last proper story I posted was almost a good 3 weeks back. A lot of things have been keeping me busy offlate. For once the whole of last week I was travelling up north. Which means there will be a lot of travel posts in the next couple of weeks. But as of now I am going to write about the Lakme Fashion week without further delay.

This time I was lucky enough to get passes for the Lakme Fashion week Summer Resort 2013. If you know me well, you would know how much fashion excites me. I am an avid fashion blog reader and till now I have seen fashion weeks and ramp shows only in pictures. 


So this was something that I was really looking forward to. The passes entitled me to attend 2 shows Shehla Khan and Kunal Rawal. While I had some knowledge on Shehla Khan (she's a newbie and her designs are feminine and soft) Kunal Rawal being a men's wear designer did not hold much of my interest.

Here are some pictures of all the excitement that goes at a fashion week:


The buzz before the show

Shehla Khan's collection was titled Boudoir.
Tiered lace dresses


Shehla Khan stuck to her signature style of soft feminine dresses
Karishma Kapoor the showstopper walks with the designer. How awesome does she look!
Kunal Rawal with his showstoppers Arjun Kapoor and Shahid Kapoor. How hot do they look!
What's a fashion show without some Bollywood spotting at the front row
Doing my own bit of posing!

Lakme had set up a makeup booth, where one could get makeup and nails done. Loved the new pop tints!
Overall loved the experience, the buzz, the media and photogs covering the event and ofcourse the fashion spotting. Infact IMHO the fashion spotting off the ramp was even better than the actual shows Looking forward to the next fashion week now.



10 comments:

  1. Color is so pretty... Lucky girl :-)

    NIVEA Giveaway
    http://dressnmakeup.blogspot.in/2013/03/give-away-nivea-gift-hamper.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh darn...we missed each other :)
    next time im attending anything in mumbai I will surely try n coordinate with u :)
    love what u wore...n how does karishma kapoor look in real life?? is she hot?
    lookingoodfeelingfab.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I too loved the skirt you wore there..Yes hope to bump into you the next time around..

      Karishma looks really young and definitely not a mother of 2 and in her late thirties.. shes well maintained..

      Delete
  3. wow..u look so fab girl.!
    m so jealous..i have wanted to attend the LFW for a long time.

    Aditi
    So-Saree
    www.sosaree.blogspot.in
    New Post Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Aditi!

      I know even I was dying to attend one..happy I could!

      Delete
  4. looks like you had fun :-) I for sure had fun reading about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your thoughts, inputs feedback about my posts. Please leave your comments in my comments box. Thank you!