Sunday, April 28, 2013

My current favourite summer trend - Maxis!!


Its April - which means in Mumbai it's hot, correction hot and humid, correction unbearably hot and humid..the saving grace is that for most of the day I am in my air conditioned office premises but when I'm travelling I just can't stop thinking about how hot it is..so cotton airy clothes are currently my best friends.. I can't even think about getting close to denims.. and when it comes to non office wear Maxis are what I am really looking forward to buy..I mean one can always wear knee length flowy dresses to beat the heat. But Maxis are so in trend right now and although they are long but quite airy and soo comfortable. And it's not just maxi dresses but maxi skirts and maxi pants (palazzo pants.. but i like caling them maxi pants) are in too.. Here are some pictures of how celebrities here and abroad are wearing them.. Take a look for some inspiration to look cool, casual and breeze through this summer..

Maxi Dresses

Anita Dongre's Summer Resort collection. Pretty pastels!

Doesn't she look pretty and the dresses give such soft vibe

Kim K being Kim K shows off her curves in a tight Maxi

My favourite Blair aka Leighton Meester looks cute as always

Lindsay Lohan Gives two different Maxi looks

Neha Dhupia teaches us how to make a Maxi dress look more formal

Maxi Skirts

No fashion mood board is complete without taking inspiration from Blake Lively!! (Don't miss those India inspired Christian Loubotins)


  
Kim K shows off some leg in a Maxi skirt too..

Maxi Pants




Pair you printed Maxi Pants with a solid tank top


Shraddha Kapoor's petite frame looks even more slender in palazzo pants



Deepika was the first  Bollywood actress to sport them on screen

Blake Lively's power pink pants look classy and formal!
And don't even think that these silhouttes are meant only for tall women..Look at how cute petite women like Rachel Bilson and Selena Gomez look in them





So where does one buy them?

Looks like the trend is still setting in India, as not many high street brands have started selling them yet except for say Zara. So be on the lookout.. some boutiques like the ones in Bandra (Mumbai) have stocking up on Palazzo pants but not the Maxi dresses/skirts as yet.. as for me, I'm still searching for these and for matching/contrasting well fitting tank tops :p

7 comments:

I love to read your thoughts, inputs feedback about my posts. Please leave your comments in my comments box. Thank you!